About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Friday 16 November 2012

DASTKAR-NATURE BAZAAR, DELHI 2012


Hello there! 
Today, I went for a dental procedure, the extraction of my very crooked wisdom tooth. It was more or less peaceful (I didn't kill the doctor) and almost painless (thanks to my dentist). But now the effect of anesthesia is slowly wearing out and I am kind of freaking out in anticipation of the pain. In order to take my focus off my teeth or the void left by one, I started thinking about a very happy day spent in the recent past. I was meaning to share it with you guys but just kept pushing it out of sheer laziness.

About two weeks back, on a Saturday morning I just took off from Bombay with my BFF and landed in Delhi. After I quit my job, which is basically after my daughter's birth, I had not gone anywhere  without her even as far as 10 kilometers away. So going away to a city almost 1500 kilometers from Bombay without my little daughter, even if just for a day, was quite an adventure. Well, it was a trip decided over a cup of cappuccino just a couple of days before the trip. So, you see 'a lot can happen over a cup of coffee'!    

We arrived in New Delhi in the morning and felt the onset of the chilling North Indian winter. This trip was a fun cum work trip. I will reveal the 'work' part of it soon on a separate post but till then let me just share the fun part of the mommy's day out. My friend and I spent a good 4/5 hours at Dastakar Nature Bazaar. For those who don't know about Dastkar, it is a non-government organization that works closely with the Indian artisans and their crafts, and helps them attain self-sustenability by providing support in design, marketing and management under the illuminating guidance of the Padma Shri awardee Ms. Laila Tyabji (a separate post is needed to write about this versatile, elegant and still so beautiful lady). You can learn more about Dastkar here.

So, I was in heaven because everything around us in Dastkar Nature Bazaar was vibrant, colorful, handmade, hand crafted and mostly unique. The added incentive was the beautiful Delhi women and their gorgeous ethnic Indian clothing and accessories. 

Now, I will leave you with some pictures that I had taken at Dastkar and you see for yourself how fulfilling the trip had been for me. 












All images taken by me & copyrights of MyIkatLove.


No comments:

Post a Comment