About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Monday 12 November 2012

ECLECTIC DESI TOUCH IN MASSACHUSETTS FARM HOUSE

After spending a few uninspired days (which also resulted in no blogging), today I woke up with a desire to share a house tour with you. By now you must have figured that I am a big fan of pastel shades and minimalist decor style, so as usual I started with my morning ritual of surfing Scandinavian blogs but somehow the whites and greys and pastel shades just couldn't lift my spirits up. And I instinctively knew that I needed a dose of bright colors and funky decor ideas. I started my hunt and came across the works of freelance photographer and interior stylist Rikki Snyder which led me to the tour of this eclectic Massachusetts farm house of Kristin and Mark Nicholas. And there began my ah-ha's, ooh-hoo's and uffo's.

Can you imagine this colorful house was originally painted in pastel colors? What a transformation! The sideboard is a 1920's antique piece which got a fresh lease of life when Kristin hand painted it in bright red. I love the hand painted lamp shade.  Don't you think the photograph gives an impression of being a painting itself?



The flower patterned stairwell is also hand painted by the talented lady of the house.
The colorful and patterned wallpaper is also hand-made. Yes, Kristin made it by cutting out pieces from Fedex boxes and coloring each shape in bright shades.

I love this peacock mural on the dining room wall
A cosy window seat created between two bookshelves. Embroidered bright cushions and the lamps have added so much character to this cosy reading nook.


The family room looks so inviting and comfortable. And the hand painted lamp shades add the ah-ha factor!

And this is Kirsten's home office. Isn't it just too cute!
This room and the overall decor of this house have a desi touch. Mirror work in the pillows, embroidered cushions and the bed spread can actually qualify as decor-desi style.

Photographs by Rikki Snyder  via Houzz.com


1 comment:

  1. Indeed Colorful!! Im sure being in such a room itself will bless a fresh mind and evoke creative thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete