About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Monday 16 July 2012

PLAYROOM (LONG) WISH LIST-PART 2

We (mothers) all know that doing up a playroom is not as difficult as it is to keep it tidy, organized and baby friendly. My little one loves to pull all her toys down from her cabinet and scatter them all around the house. Picking up her toys books and tucking them back in their proper places after she is done with playing have become my obsession. And believe me it is a back breaking task that I perform dozens of times everyday. Well, I can actually be a bit obsessive when comes to keeping my daughter's clothes, toys, books organized. Anybody who has seen my daughter's wardrobe would agree with me on that. So even before I am done with decorating her playroom I am already thinking about how to keep it organized. After all my 'desk for sanity' is in her playroom and for the sake of my own sanity that room needs to be clutter-free and organized. Well as much organized as a playroom can be : )
  
So here are some pictures I found quite inspiring.

I loved this fantastic idea of using tree branch to hang tiny clothes and shoes. And the bows are such cuties  : )

Found this and some other lovely pictures of a pastel nursery at http://dar-amina.blogspot.in/.  Isn't it inspiring!










Found the idea of keeping  books and toys in old leather suitcases totally fascinating. I am totally in favor of recycling.

Image source http://dar-amina.blogspot.in/.






I want to keep the playroom plastic free (as much as practically possible). So cloth bags for keeping her countless stuffed toys seems like a great idea.

Image source: http://homeklondike.com


















These Pottery Barn cotton-canvas buckets come with labels to help kids organize their toys, music CDs, markers and so on. So thoughtful but my little one can't read yet ; )

Image source: http://www.houzz.com














Gorgeous tote for storing soft toys.





Image source: kneesupmotherbrown.me






















This over the door canvas organizer is a great space saving idea.

Image source: apartmenttherapy.com











And color coded bins can neatly tuck away toys and books and look gorgeous too.

Image source:http://healthyhomedesign.blogspot.in






















What an idea!


Image source: http://www.ivyclad.com

STAY HAPPY STAY ORGANIZED : )


No comments:

Post a Comment