About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Tuesday 21 May 2013

ALMIRAH


Today, in my inbox, was a cute surprise waiting for me to open. An e-mail from Aditi Bajpai introducing me to her brand Almirah, a Delhi based Indian boutique brand, which specializes in organic clothing, bedding & accessories for children (0-10 years). By now you all already know about my love for Indian block printing, so when I saw the pictures of what Almirah makes, you can imagine how my heart melted. The softness of the mul fabrics or the organic cotton used in making those lovely little dresses & kurtas can be seen even in the pictures.  And their speciality is their love and respect for traditional Indian techniques of quilting, hand block printing, weaving & hand embroidery.  Their designs are simple yet quirky, traditional yet smart and mostly in pastel shades. In short exactly the kind of stuff I like to see on my daughter.  





Almirah has its boutique store at 38, Meherchand Market, Lodhi Road, New Delhi & their newly opened second boutique store is at Millennium City, Gurgaon. Why does everything nice have to be in Delhi? Grrrrrr...

You can go to Almirah's FB page & 'Like' it for regular updates. I am going to do that now!

Image sources: www.thealmirah.com & FB Page

Thanks Aditi Bajpai & Almirah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment