About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Wednesday 20 March 2013

SPRING CLEANING


"Minimalism is not  a lack of something. It's simply the perfect amount of something."...Nicholas Burroughs

I'm on a de-cluttering mission these days... It's not as easy as it sounds for an impulsive buyer & hopeless hoarder like me. I can easily let go of a piece of furniture and give away dozens of clothes but it's so hard to chuck those old wrapping papers, ribbons, old coin purse, small hand woven pouch given by a long lost friend and all such tiny stupid things that are just there with me because I just can't let go of them yet. But as I said, I'm on a spring cleaning drive and one day (can't assure this spring though) I'll tell you when my desk drawers will not be overflowing with my meaningless collections, my wardrobe will only have clothes that fit me, my shoe rack will no longer have those high heels that I can't wear anymore (since I'm always running after my toddler) and the local library will get all the paperbacks that I don't intend reading again  ...
So, now you know why I took fancy to this non-frilly, minimalistic house. What I loved most about this house is its large windows sans window coverings and beautiful light streaming through them, making it look like a place where I need to go & take lessons from its owner on clutter-free house keeping!
Have you spring cleaned your house yet?





Image source: here



No comments:

Post a Comment