About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Wednesday 3 October 2012

PACK UP!

Last couple of days have been hectic and the next few days are going to be super hectic. That's how it is when you move house. Planning, shopping, clearing, sorting, trashing, packing and many more of such back breaking exercises. So far, I have only been able to pack all our books and that's a lot of packing indeed! So little time in hand and too many empty boxes to fill. The task is enormous and the thoughts are overwhelming. My back hurts, head spins, eyes are tired but my mind is just not ready to calm down. I went to bed but couldn't sleep. In my mind, I kept placing  every piece of furniture in its planned positions in the new house and the art works on the walls. A clean, clutter free, crisp white surroundings beckon me. Ah-ha! In my dreams I was there already  but when I opened my eyes, all I saw was boxes piled up, clothes and linens crying out to me to be packed, unopened shopping bags lying around. And there went my sleep out of the window. All I need to do is finish packing. But before I begin with the nerve wrecking job of packing all our belongings (way too many!) into the cardboard boxes, I need inspiration! And loads of it. So come along and let's treat our eyes with some cosy, clutter-free and beautifully styled rooms. 

source
Source
source

source

source




No comments:

Post a Comment