About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Monday 30 July 2012

BEAUTY & THE BATH

Hello there! 
I was away for a couple of days as I badly needed to catch up with some sleep. I decided to refrain from my night time activity i.e. my ikat love (and I missed it so much).  So here I am today, well-rested and recharged and ready to share with you some ideas for beautifying small spaces.
Since most Mumbai apartments have tiny bathrooms, I thought of sharing pictures of small bathrooms done up smartly and lovingly. 


Greens against the white tiles look bright and happy. 








 Pretty girly wallpaper.































Smart storage idea for small bathrooms































Making use of every inch of your bathroom space is important when size is the concern. And you can do that in style.







Smart storage idea. Isn't it?






















Newspapers used as wallpaper. So cool.













Well, some people need a regular reminder :) 



Kilim rug on bathroom floor. I love it.










For exotic fabric shower curtains visit saffronmarigold.com


Old wine rack used for towel storage. What a unique space saving idea.





















For those who like to multitask.













Hanging shower caddy





















Size does not matter if you keep it clean and organized.















































Bright & colorful.






Art on the walls and rug on the floor. I like.


























Pretty storage idea.






























Wanna upcycle your old bicycle?






























So your bathroom need not be strictly a utilitarian space, it can be turned into your own spa with a little bit of effort and initiative.

HAVE A PEACEFUL BATH.

Images via: 1 &2. enmiespaciovital.blogspot.com; 3. pichomez.com; 4. showerremodel.org;
5. apartmenttherapy.com; 6.countryliving.com; 7 & 8. apartmenttherapy.com; 9. saffronmarigold.com; 10. imod.co.za; 11 & 12. organizeit.com; 13,14, 15, 16, 17, &18. apartmenttherapy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment