About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Monday 28 October 2013

FLYING HIGH


It was on a rainy day in July, 2012 during one of our usual long chat sessions that my husband suggested I should start my own home decor blog. During those days after I quit my job as a corporate media lawyer, my life had become pretty simple...free from stress, 'to do lists', time tables, traffic, noise, office politics and blah blah. I was totally consumed in taking care my little girl and my only recreation was reading books & dozens of home decor blogs, every night after tucking my daughter into her little cot.  Life was beautiful but a little too peaceful for a workaholic like me. That particular night, I was telling my husband about some lovely blogs that I had come across that afternoon and he asked me 'what would you name it, if you had your own home decor blog?' And my answer popped out instantly "I would call it My Ikat Love".  The next I thing I remember was him sitting in front of the computer to choose a design & lay out for my blog. And that's how My Ikat Love was born, an impromptu decision, a little nudge from the same person who has always been my best friend, my biggest strength & weakness and love of my life!  

For the first few days, I was afraid of making it a public blog and my fear was that no one was going to read a design & decor blog of a lawyer turned stay-at-home mom blogger who claims to understand a thing or two about aesthetics. My fear disappeared when one single blogpost got more than hundred hits, the day I first posted my blog's link on a social networking site. I stopped doubting myself. What followed was many sleepless nights of writing, re-writing, editing, choosing topics, selecting pictures and within a few months, I saw readers and followers from across the globe visiting my blog everyday.

It's been a little more than a year of blogging and just when I became a little inactive & felt miserable for not being able to write more regularly, My Ikat Love got nominated by GoodHomes Magazine, India  as one of the Most Inspiring Blogs for GoodHomes Awards 2013 along with two fantastic blogs, one of which I have been following since many years. It is such a humbling experience to be recognized by one of the leading home decor magazines and a formidable team of jury members who shortlisted this blog from an array of Indian home decor blogs.  

So my lovely readers, if you like reading this blog & miss me when I don't post regularly then please click on the link [ HERE ] and hit the 'Like' button there to vote for My Ikat Love, as the Most Inspiring Blog of 2013 :))

And even if I don't win, I will always cherish the moment in my memory when I first came to know about the nomination :))

I will be back soon. Till then 'Stay Inspired & Keep Voting'! 

[Photograph is taken by me & is a copyright of My Ikat Love. Please do not copy without my permission]


No comments:

Post a Comment