About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Monday 19 August 2013

SoBo Apartment in L.A.

This room was tucked away in my reference folder of pictures since I first saw it on House Beautiful . I often go back to it whenever I feel like looking at a room full of warmth, cosiness and simple elegance. Although this living room is in a house located in Los Angeles and I don't know its owner Roman Alonso personally but  he & I both share a common passion and love for handmade and vintage home decor with universal appeal. And this room could very well be situated in one of those sprawling, pretty South Bombay apartments or anywhere in the world, for that matter. The brass lamps in the corner with its red linen shade, mattresses doubling as a sofa, the killim pillows on the colorful embroidered rug and the not to be missed  jute window coverings, all these are things that we see in the Indian style of home decor as well. And propping up framed artworks and photographs on the floor, is something I like doing too! 










































































Source: housebeautiful.com


1 comment: