About Me

My photo
Well, when I was a little girl I would spend hours flipping through the pages of a huge catalogue called "Quelle" that my father had brought from Germany. It had glossy pages full of beautiful pictures of lovely rooms, furniture and furnishing and was written in a language I could not decipher. But I think the pictures left an ever lasting impression on my mind and I grew up to be 'me' who drools not over food (or that too!) but good interior design, colors and photography. I also passionately love coffee, films, books, music, white gladioli, solitude, risotto, donuts, and my life (not exactly always in that order). I live in Bombay, India with my husband and little daughter and they both have changed my life in many beautiful ways.

Thursday 30 August 2012

SINGLE GIRLS' COSY HOMES-PART 1


"All rooms ought to look as if they were lived in, and to have so to say, a friendly welcome ready for the incomer." ....William Morris


When I chanced upon this one photograph on http://theeverygirl.com, I instantly knew that this house had to be the first one of the series-'Single Girls' Cosy Homes', on myikatlove. I also knew it quite instinctively that the rest of the house would not let me down. So I started digging. And I was right. Oh boy, it fit the bill so perfectly that I think the theme of my dream series is going to get conveyed just through the photographs of this cosy home of a lovely 21 year old student Caitlin Brown. 

Let's take a look at the simple yet stylish student accommodation done up beautifully and inexpensively. Each corner has so much character and style that it just blew my mind away. 



I love the neat yet casual look of the entryway. And her shoes, of course.


The kitchen is my favorite and so is Caitlin's (so I learned)

Gorgeous kitchen table and open shelving. I like. 

Clean, simple and artistic

The Ikea sofa looks super comfy. I love the Moroccan pouf.

Love the way natural light is seeping through the window

I know I took a long time to begin with this series but I just wanted to be absolutely clear as to what kind of homes I want to feature in this series. 
And Caitlin's house has kind of set the standards.  I need no fancy furniture, no expensive decorative piece, no art work but just homes done up with loads of love.   

So if you know how to decorate your house with all the warmth and style to qualify it to be called a 'home' and if you want people to see and appreciate and get inspired by your style and aesthetics, then do write to me at myikatlove@gmail.com with pictures of your home. 

Let's inspire the (web) world :)

All images are courtesy & copyright of http://theeverygirl.com



No comments:

Post a Comment